Thursday, September 15, 2005

Better Late Than Never

After our game (that I sat out of) I hauled it into DC to the happy hour. I arrived close to 10 and found a space right across from the bar - talk about luck. I went in and immediately encountered VP of Dior (reportedly my sister) and Asian Mistress, and moments after that, DC Sports Chick.

I started making the rounds and met Crazy Girl City to whom I presented a blue Nationals hat. She seemed fascinated that I was me. I was then treated to a hug from DC Cookie before making my way to say hello to everybody's social chair, Kathryn.

Others present - meeting for the first time:
Lucy: Not very fond of my sneaky picture taking abilities - but I will keep my picture-posting promise.
The Boy: Met very briefly as he was departing, long enough to shake his hand and tell him who I was.
DC Last Call: Stayed past the crowd thinning, plenty of conversation to be had.

The last bloggers standing: yours truly, DC Cookie, Kathryn, Rock Creek Rambler, DC Bachelor. I had a slight advantage having arrived later than anyone else. But a good time was still had anyways. As always, looking forward to the next.

Now, I have 1 group picture fit to post but an unnamed individual has perhaps the worst case of red-eye in a picture that I've ever seen - so I'll save it. I wasn't as handy with the camera this time around but anyone who remembers being in a picture (and believe me there aren't many) can e-mail or IM me and I'll send. See my profile for that info.

What others have to say:
Etta (who I don't believe I've met)

9 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Let me guess - I'm the one with the red eye. I have the WORST red eye of anybody I've ever known. It's like I'm demon spawn or something. ;)

Thu Sep 15, 03:30:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Is it just that the color of your eyes doesn't vibe with the camera? It's a shame I needed the flash because its a good picture.

Thu Sep 15, 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

It's something about having blue eyes. I've noticed that before - brown-eyed folks either don't have problems with Devil Eyeball or they have much less of it than I do. But yeah, pretty much every picture of me has to be retouched for that reason!

Thu Sep 15, 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I fear I haven't got the editing power for that... But I will say your eyes look seriously evil.

Thu Sep 15, 04:17:00 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

nice seeing you again last night! i guess most people didn't think that we looked alike... i still believe it to be true!

Thu Sep 15, 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Send it to me and mebbe I can fix it... I'm used to it by now. :) lucydances(AT)gmail.com

Thu Sep 15, 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

I think I saw you walk in but didn't get the chance to shake your hand; maybe next time, I-66.

Thu Sep 15, 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Was this person a time-traveller from the 60s?

Thu Sep 15, 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You and your blasted candid pics!

Thu Sep 15, 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home