Friday, September 09, 2005

Haltime Hack: Reply

Bill Simmons fires back at Jimmy Kimmel via an espn.com article:

" Here's my annual plea for the "MNF" crew to show fantasy stats once every 15 minutes. Don't listen to naysayers like Jimmy Kimmel, who used his new halftime pulpit on ABC to belittle fantasy owners and inadvertently started a Biggie/Tupac-level feud with me that can only end with both of us being riddled with bullets. Without any statistical evidence to back this up, I would guess that two-thirds of the "MNF" audience is made up of males between the ages of 18 and 45, and of those two-thirds, 65-70 percent participate in some sort of fantasy league. So would it kill you to show stats every so often? What's the problem here? Why did I have to turn on my laptop and hit ESPN.com in the fourth quarter to see how many yards Corey Dillon had? Isn't that a little ridiculous?

"(And by the way, it's interesting that Kimmel would rank on anyone else's hobbies when the undisputed highlight of his summer was buying a pizza oven.)"

5 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

I was soooo just coming here to post that link! Sports Guy for president.

Fri Sep 09, 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

not a bad night for your boy Brady huh?

Fri Sep 09, 07:23:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I was first thinking, sure...not bad at all. But, I don't have Brady in the Blogball League. I have Brady in another league. So, now I am thinking why does I-66 think Brady is my boy?

Fri Sep 09, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

oh wait... YOU don't have him. Cheerfully withdrawn :o)

Fri Sep 09, 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

*I* have Brady but pulled him at the last minute because of the shoulder thing. I'm starting to think that fantasy football may not be for me- I'm also the one who picks the worst lane in traffic, at the checkout counter, etc.

Sat Sep 10, 03:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home