Thursday, September 08, 2005

Reliving History

I'm currently watching Game 6 of the Wizards/Bulls series from this past May. This was the clincher, where the Bulls (Duhon?) inbound the ball off of the back of one of their own (Hinrich?) and Jared Jeffries scooped it up and went all the way for the slam. The Captain, Deep Cover, and myself were standing in the living room downstairs watching it all unfold. It all happened very quickly and ended up in a 3 person and 1 dog pile-up on the living room floor.

You must understand, I've been a Bullets/Wizards fan since my early youth. I sat just rows from courtside at Capital Center/US Air Arena for seasons and seasons with my father, suffering through the years of playoff-less basketball. Rex Chapman, Scott Skiles, Tom Hammond, Mark Alarie, Haywood Workman, Googs, Don MacLean, Pervis Ellison, Michael Adams. Chris Webber and Juwan Howard were supposed to take us to the top but could not. Michael Jordan was rented (I hated having him here, this deserves its own post). Winning this series (we were at Game 2 sitting in the nosebleeds) was easily the greatest Bullets/Wizards memory of my lifetime.

Now, if you don't mind, it's 83-80 Chicago with 5:40 left in the game. Bill Walton's recently said that the Bulls are going to Game 7. These are the things you notice the 2nd time around. Thank you, NBA TV and NBA Hardwood Classics. I'm going to relive history.

1 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

ah, it was Duhon that got hit with the ball.. even sweeter since he went to Puke.

Thu Sep 08, 09:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home