Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Here and There

A few things to touch on here…

- Kwame for Caron? I’ve stated before that Kwame Brown would not net more than Robert Pack and a used handkerchief in return. I guess the oversight I made is that there is a possibility that we would be dealing with the Lakers. In case you haven’t forgotten, they’re the team that sided with Kobe over Shaq and The Zenmaster and went from Western Conference Champs to Western Conference Chumps and out of the playoffs. As the fire-breathing insect from The Family Guy would say, goooood… goooood…

- This may sound a bit strange, especially to the casual observer, but I must admit to missing the WUSA. Before the (temporary, I hope) door-closing I went to a number of Washington Freedom games, the party for the Founder’s Cup Final (title game) at R.F.D., met a few of the players, and overall followed the team pretty closely. Historically I have kept up on women’s soccer as much as possible, even going to Columbus, OH for the USA v. North Korea game in ’03 for the World Cup, so I hated seeing the WUSA fail in its first incarnation. Hopefully Tonya Antonucci, CEO of Women’s Soccer Initiative, Inc knows what she’s doing. Or maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to put a picture of my girl Aly up…




- Sean Taylor, do you really believe you’ll get off the hook if you go to trial? I hope you’re right, because the risk/reward ratio isn’t exactly a favorable one here.

- Because I was unable to sit through all 9 innings of the Major League Baseball All-Star game last night, it got me thinking of what All-Star contests/weekends rank where in terms of enjoyability. First and foremost is NBA All-Star weekend, with the Rookie/Sophomore game, three point shootout, and slam dunk contest setting the stage for what regularly is a fun East v. West game. The NFL probably is 3rd on the list because nobody really watches the Pro Bowl, every February a few players decline to go (yeah, you play 16+ games a year and see how you feel about playing a game that doesn’t matter after all of that.. though the trip to Hawaii is pretty sweet), and there are no real fan-grabbing skill contests to speak of. MLB is in 2nd on the strength of the Home Run Contest (Bobby Abreu won me a beer-to-be-named-later from The Captain and Deep Cover). And the NHL All-Star game is… Well, you know.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can u post one of heather mitts?

thanks.

Thu Jul 14, 05:59:00 PM  
Blogger The Captain said...

Hey now, this is not a place to request content. I-66 happens to like Aly Wagner, there's no reason to go asking for other women.

Go to images.google.com and get your own pictures of Heather Mitts.

Thu Jul 14, 06:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;D

Thu Jul 14, 08:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home