Friday, July 08, 2005

The lights are on...

Dear Ernie Grunfeld, GM, Washington Wizards,

It has been reported on ESPN.com that you let Larry Hughes get away to Cleveland. After nearly vomiting in my lunch after reading that, I had questions:

Are you on vaction? Have you gone on a drinking and/or drugging binge? Did you leave Kwame Brown in charge? Or was it Wes Unseld? Did you plan on dialing up Rex Chapman and Don MacLean? And most importantly, how the hell do you plan on improving on last year's campaign by letting one of the 3 most important players on your roster escape?

I'm beyond many words right now. Just when I thought you would be able to keep steering the ship in the right direction, this happens. I hope you have a grand plan, Ernie. I hope you don't think Kwame Brown is going to get you anything more than Robert Pack and a used handkerchief in return. Larry can't sign a contract just yet so there's still some time to maybe get him to pull a 180 and head back here. If that doesn't happen, I don't know what your alternative is. Are the lights on with nobody home? I believe it. You've got little time left to change my mind.

Sincerely,
I-66, loyal Bullets/Wizards fan since Mark Alarie, Bernard King, and Jim Lynam

1 Comments:

Blogger DC Cookie said...

As long as they hang on to my boy Brendan Haywood, I'll be a lifer...

Fri Jul 08, 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home