Wednesday, June 29, 2005

New links

Well, we seem to be getting some traffic from Florida, so we figured, in an attempt to appeal to our audience (hey, we're still new to this, unjaded, and willing to give the audience what they want) we've included a pair of blogs from Florida. They even get their own section.

However, this is conditional. The way we see it, these links can be left up permanently if the Floridians will kindly apologize for Danny Wuerffel and Steve Spurrier. Just apologize for the train-wrecking of my beloved Redskins, and we're friends for life.

I must talk about Live 8 once more. Go to this concert if you have the time this weekend, I know it's in Philly, but it's for a good cause. In addition to the stellar line-up already playing, they just added Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Toby Keith and Josh Groban to the lineup. Additionally, stage presenters will be Natalie Portman, Salma Hayek, Chris Turner, Jennifer Connolly, and Chris Tucker, though I could really care less about that.

I-66, Deep Cover and myself went to Happy Hour for our soccer league yesterday evening, at Kilroy's in Springfield. A half pound of shrimp for $4 will probably get me back there a few more times. Wish us luck at our game tonight.

I'm kind of blah about the Wizards draft pick. I-66 seems to be pretty happy with it, I'm wary of most high schoolers not named Lebron. We'll see how it turns out a few years from now.

3 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Blonde,

The concert is only from 12-6 on Saturday and DMB will be wedged somewhere in there. They haven't exactly given much in the way of concert info - including a lack of a schedule.. but everyone will likely be playing short sets -- go here

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4661742/detail.html

http://www.nbc10.com/live8/index.html

Thu Jun 30, 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger The Senator said...

Blondie...right on.

From a fellow Gator...

Thu Jun 30, 05:17:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

by the way, top notch use of "el gobierno" there...

can you (in good faith) root for Spurrier at South Carolina? I am jaded by his lack of success here - and that's putting it lightly.

Thu Jun 30, 06:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home