Saturday, July 09, 2005

Wedding 2 of 4

Yet another wedding is upon us. This time, The Captain will be out in the Winchester area seeing his college roommate off into the next stage of life. I'm sure we all wish him and the bride well. Pictures should be up later this week, hopefully a few of the maid of honor. Something about a Greek woman with an accent that's half greek/half british is very appealing.

The whole Larry Hughes thing has left me with a sick feeling. The Eastern division of the NBA is weak, so we will likely still make the playoffs with Arenas and Jamison, but you can't let someone like Larry Hughes go. The only available fill-ins are Joe Johnson (who is restricted, so Phoenix can match anything) or Bobby Simmons, who was originally drafted by the Wizards, but let go. Unless they sign Latrell Sprewell, which would make me seriously consider ignoring the teams existance for awhile.

Memo to Kenny Rogers: I'll gladly take 3.5 million dollars a year to let cameras be stuck in my face. In fact, I see here you were paid as much as 7.5 million a year for this sort of inconvenience. You're a professional athlete, and you have been for sixteen years, you should be used to it by now. Accept the cameramen, go to sleep on your bed full of money, and shut up about it.

Oh, and for those who don't watch the news much, I don't know if this qualifies as sport, but that Kobayashi (sp?) guy won the hot dog eating contest again. 49 1/2 in 12 minutes. However, his all time record is 53 1/2 in 12 minutes, so frankly, I'm disappointed, and I say to him, "Pick is up buddy, you're getting complacent." I expect no less than 55 hot dogs next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home