Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Can't stop looking back

I've realized I have a problem recently. I miss crap from my past too damn much. Anyone else have this problem?

What brought this on? Well, as some of you may know, I-66, Deep Cover, and myself are leaving the Sports Townhouse for various reasons, and I'm going to miss the place. There have been good memories here, be it Redskins, parties, dogs, and other general fun. Not unusual, but I take it too extremes.

I've had this problem with everything. I was actually sad when I graduated high school, if you can believe that. I was sad when I graduated from college. I was sad as a kid any time we moved. I remember that when I heard we were leaving, I would go and spend time into every room of the house, as if there were some tucked away corners I had neglected.

I've felt this way about jobs, co-workers, cars, Little League and old ratty clothes. What the hell is the matter with me? Someone at least tell me this is normal. I feel kind of like a sissy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

No - perhaps you should pretend to throw yourself off the top of your townhome to scare everyone into keeping things the way they are, a la LenDale White of USC.

Wed Nov 02, 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

It's normal. Thinking of all the good times and being faced with the inevitable truth that they - - as they were - - are forever over, it's not fun.

. . . but if you cry, I'll be pointing and laughing, man.

Wed Nov 02, 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Sara, Sara... so much talking will get ya in trouble.

Wed Nov 02, 03:13:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Am I wrong if I wanna yell "SISSY! SISSY! SISSY!" ???

DISCLAIMER
It might be a little sissy, but in a totally cute and normal way.

DISCLAIMER 1.1
ok, more of a confession
I was the kid that told my mom that I didn't want to grow up, that I wanted to be a kid forever. Whereas all of my friends couldn't wait to be older and cooler and in high school and driving and working. In hindsight, I just chalk it up to being damn smart. Kids got it made.

Wed Nov 02, 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Normal provided you aren't NOT enjoying the present as well and generating more memories.

Reminds me of that guy in Can't Hardly Wait who keeps saying "Hey, remember that time when..."

Wed Nov 02, 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger The Captain said...

Nah Cookie, I enjoy the present. I guess this was simply me wanting my childhood back. I'm sure we all have these moments.

Oh and Sara...just keep talking. I'm sure this was a typo, but I'll up your challenge and play you in tackle football. Flag football and two-hand touch is for babies. I-66 will back me up on that. We always limp back home after each Thanksgiving day game.

Speaking of which, we need to think about getting that together again.

Wed Nov 02, 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Flag football is definitely for babies- it's tackle or nothing. At the risk of sounding like a mom, you have to be a little more careful as you get older- in various Thanksgiving/Christmas day football games over the past couple of years, Fred and his buddies have broken some bones playing football. (There's nothing like spending Turkey Day in the ER, let me tell you.) But you've got at least 10 years before you have to worry about that.

Wed Nov 02, 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Every year we have the Turkey Bowl (I've lost count of how many there have been). It normally happens around Thanksgiving - tackle only -and I think The Captain's right.. it may be time to start planning for it.

Thu Nov 03, 01:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home