Wednesday, October 26, 2005

High Heel Drag Race

Evidently rain is not enough to keep the determined away from a high heel drag race. The Captain and I headed into town to meet Rhinestone Cowgirl and take in the fun. The first destination of the night was Annie’s for food and a roof over our heads…

Highlights:

- RC and Captain trading a mozzarella stick for a mini-crabcake followed by RC sticking the mozzarella stick in the middle of her pile of mini-crabcakes which looked… rather… phallic. So the mozzarella stick was dipped in tartar sauce and placed like so…

- Only then is it discovered that RC has an aversion to all things mayonnaise. She hates it. So she wipes the tartar sauce off the mozzarella stick while The Captain explains that she can’t hate mayo as much as a regular food because it’s only a condiment, and that it’s like hating people and midgets – “because midgets are half the size of regular people, they only deserve half your hate.”

- RC eating the now wiped off mozzarella stick after dipping it in its own sauce and making a face after still tasting the tartar sauce

- A smoking hot dish was brought to a nearby table that began smoking up the room. For whatever reason, the sight of the guy sitting in front of it sweating and unable to go near the thing was hilarious to RC and me… but the kicker was her asking our server (keep in mind our proximity to Dupont) what the “flaming dish” was that the guy had.

So eventually we were pushed towards the door and into the elements in favor of people who evidently had reservations for the booths. So much for squatting. We moved on to a bar that I can’t remember the name of and went inside for liquid refreshment…

Highlights:

- Our stunning inability to collectively get the attention of any of the 3 bartenders at work.

- Being denied Red-Headed Sluts (presumably for all the work it takes to make one) and RC subsequently ordering tequila for herself and me – despite my absolute displeasure for the stuff.

- Me taking the shot anyway.

- Me being angry with RC for the next 20 minutes.

- The two shots and The Captain’s drink costing $27 in total. $27!!!

We headed back outside under the roof before determining that there was an hour left until the actual race… so we headed back to RC’s to be warm and dry. We weren’t there long but did manage to squeeze in my front-to-back rendition of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot after a verse of Now That We’ve Found Love by Heavy D and The Boyz and headed back to 17th St…

evidently I look good as a blond

this just screams hate and tequila contempt


By the time we got there the crowd was huge and we didn’t actually see much of the race. The Captain and I lifted RC so she could get a better view, and while The Captain had ideas of lifting her to our shoulders he kindly neglected to apprise me of his plan… so RC sat lopsidedly upon us for a few moments before being set back down. We set off to find drag queens who were picture-friendly (which pretty much was all of them)...

they're racing in there somewhere...



"...um... you're a 49er and everything, but I'm sure you won't find any gold there"






Good times... Good times...

19 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

red-headed slut > straight tequila

...every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Wed Oct 26, 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

hey... by the way, the USA just worked a deal to play Scotland in a friendly in November... of course, it's going to be played in Scotland.

Wed Oct 26, 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger GwenMarieDC said...

The bar was pretty crowded, but we seemed to make our way to the front to be served just fine. Sadly you're missing a picture of the prettiest football queen of all, Emmy Smith! I'll send you mine. Sounds like you guys had as much fun as we did! Though we didn't have any phallic apps...tragic!

HEART

Wed Oct 26, 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

I suppose it is indeed a sport . . .

Wed Oct 26, 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

yeah, AUA - I guess there was running involved...

PIP - your departure was well-timed, as The Captain and I were all set to remind you of the Cowboys collapse in Seattle.

Wed Oct 26, 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Red Headed Sluts are my downfall...those are my favorite.

I am definately in trouble with those around.

Looks like you had an awesome time though!

Wed Oct 26, 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

they're pretty much the only jager drink I'll go near... ugh... jager...

Wed Oct 26, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger GwenMarieDC said...

How adult of us to both say hello :) Where is the love?! We got a GREAT spot to watch the queens though. I would have loved to have talked about our crummy play, but you didn't seem too keen to talk about sports with me last time...

Smooches

Wed Oct 26, 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I-66, you and the Cap'n made excellent PICs last night. I had fun hanging with you guys (even if you refused to try on my wig and pose for a photo in my apt - oh well). NEXT TIME, my friend.

(PS - I know you can't hold a grudge against me for that shot. I'm too cute. ;))

Wed Oct 26, 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Oh and PS - I still vehemently disagree with the Captain. Mayonnaise is the food of SATAN, I tell you. I hate it with every fiber of my being.

Wed Oct 26, 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

PIP: and why again might I not have been in a sports-talking mood last time?

RC: your cuteness and the fact that you're my PIC were what reduced your punishment from physical harm to evil glares.

Wed Oct 26, 02:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm the Washington Monument - you're the first blog to post my picture - yeah! Please note the "W" and "M" hand signals - us monuments are now part of a hip-hop "gang."

Wed Oct 26, 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Is that right? Your costume was absolutely brilliant... but I have to ask... how do you eat with that thing on?

Wed Oct 26, 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Mamma Bear said...

SOOO funny we were at the same place. Great minds think alike. Now that you mention it, I remember thinking...that guy looks familiar when you were at the end of the bar. Since I did not get any pics, I have to link people to your post :o) CHEERS!

Wed Oct 26, 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Tee hee... I just saw your addition, I-66.

Sorry, you can't fool me. ;) But I'll buy you a shot of something NOT tequila next time - how's that?

Wed Oct 26, 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I can dig it.

Wed Oct 26, 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

I'm so jealous that you got a pic of the Washington Monument guy. My camera died before I could get one!

Thu Oct 27, 01:48:00 AM  
Blogger AJH said...

I can't believe they denied you Red Headed Sluts! That is a travesty.
As for RC and her aversion to Mayo, where are all these Mayo loathing girls from? My friend has a similar distate for the south's condiment of choice.

Thu Oct 27, 07:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Mayonnaise = white death.

The end.

Thu Oct 27, 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home