Friday, October 28, 2005

Week 8: Gold Rush

So I hear Antonio Pierce is making a little noise about this one, and the Redskins supposedly having "lowballed" him on a contract offer. After this one, the lesson learned will be that the grass isn't always greener... especially when it's the Meadowlands and they don't even have real grass.

Week 8:

Jaguars at Rams (pick ‘em)
When Mike Furrey rolls out of bed, he turns off his alarm, puts on his slippers, and brushes his teeth – all without being down by contact… Pick: Jaguars

Redskins at Giants (-2)
If Tiki Barber can get tackled by the dude in the convenience store, what’s gonna happen against the Redskins defense?... Pick: Redskins

Vikings at Panthers (-8)
I want to make another cruise joke… but I just can’t… Pick: Panthers

Browns at Texans (-2)
Someone please explain to me how the only winless team left in the entire league is giving points? Even at home?... Pick: Browns

Packers at Bengals (-8)
Bengals management is having a dome installed overnight for Brett Favre… Pick: Bengals

Cardinals at Cowboys (-9)
Probably not, but this looks really good in print… Pick: Cardinals

Bears at Lions (-3)
Jeff Garcia, piloting the Lions one leg at a time… Pick: Lions

Raiders at Titans (pick ‘em)
Looks like that Raiders/Vikings trade is working out really great for both teams… Pick: Raiders

Chiefs at Chargers (-6)
The new streak starts now… Pick: Chargers

Dolphins at Saints (pick ‘em)
All week Ernie Conwell’s been holding things with two hands and close to his body… Pick: Dolphins

Buccaneers (-11) at 49ers
Happiest player on the field: Tim Rattay… Pick: Buccaneers

Eagles at Broncos (-4)
Yeah. Now let’s see what happens when Jake gets blitzed… Pick: Eagles

Bills at Patriots (-8)
Most Overrated and Perhaps Idiotic Return of the Year: Tedy Bruschi… Pick: Patriots

Ravens at Steelers (-9)
Steelers may cover the spread by scoring 10 points… Pick: Steelers

Last Week: 5-7-2

Season: 43-56-4

4 Comments:

Blogger DCDietDiva said...

Wow, you took the Pats?? Veeeeeeery interesting. I would've gone with the Bills. I agree with the Bruschi thing though. This has nothing to do with my blinding hatred of the Pats, or that the happiest day of the NFL season is any day when they lose (most enjoyably will be when the Pats finally fall to the Colts on Monday Night Football.)

Though I agree with the principle behind the Cards pick over the Boys I think it's only a nice dream.

Fri Oct 28, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

no no, I hate New England too... the thing is I've picked them twice this year when they've been the favorites (against Carolina and against San Diego) and both times they've lost. I like the trend.

Sat Oct 29, 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger DCDietDiva said...

Too bad your trend didn't continue with the Pats!

What happened to the Skins?? They forgot to show up for the game and damn Cowboys won. At least the Eagles lost.

Mon Oct 31, 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I got in the shower after my game and it was 16-7 Bills... I got out and it was 16-14 and the Pats were knocking.

I guess the lesson here is: Don't shower

Mon Oct 31, 07:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home