Monday, August 22, 2005

Jesus, doesn't anyone post on the weekends?

Well, I've realized that if I'm short on money and can't really do much on a weekend, I sure as hell can't rely on the Washington Blog Scene for entertainment. Everyone's too busy to write anything. I suppose it could be pointed out that I can't rarely post on weekends either, but who's splitting hairs here?

This is not to say that my weekend was bad. I was more productive than I have been in recent memory. I don't know about all of you, but a typical weekend for me begins around noon or 1 p.m., and involves a lot of lazing around. Towards the evening, it's time to go out for drinks or live music if I have money, or watch movies and play online poker if I don't. If I go out, online poker becomes my nightcap, starting around 1-2 a.m. and often lasting till dawn. But hey, at least I win consistently.

This weekend however, I was productive. On Saturday, when I had money, I managed to get my shit together and run errands. I was able to knock out an oil change, a haircut, Best Buy, Borders, clothes, glasses repair, and filled out a rebate form for my new phone. And maybe one other thing. This may not seem like a lot to many of you, but for me, this is a substantial amount of achievement, at least on a weekend. Now then, while I was getting clothes, I may have seen the worst fashion statement ever. That's a lot coming from a guy who's idea of wallpaper in college was cut up beer cases. I saw a man with a Happy Valley t-shirt, a Martha's Vineyard hat, hot pink shorts, and a black belt with aqua blue sharks printed on it. He was accompanied by a noticeable pregnant wife who kept holding up baby things. He replied "cute" to everything, and sounded like he wished to die. If I ever become like this, you all have permission to pull the trigger.

After getting all this out of the way, I can honestly say I won't be doing much till next pay period, but at least I picked up a few new movies (Million Dollar Baby, Sin City, Godfather II) and a new book (The combined Iliad and Odyssey) to help keep myself entertained.

Deep Cover got drunk on Friday and punched a fireplace, so he can't do much with his right hand at the moment. We're thinking of scheduling an intervention for him, if anyone out there wants to attend.

It appears our Fantasy Football league is on hiatus right now. Any bloggers out there who are interested, contact Sara from Butterfly Network, or us. We need to get a few more teams before we can hold our draft. I know there are a few of you out there.

Tonight, I-66 and I got back to our middle school-high school days, and ordered WWE Summerslam. I have to admit, it was pretty entertaining, though I don't think I could ever religiously watch this stuff the way I did when I was younger. Hulk Hogan needs to stop wrestling immediately. No one likes to see older people hang around too long, shells of their former selves. Hogan's time passed awhile ago, and he needs to realize it.

Lastly, before we sign off, I whole-heartedly recommend everyone click on The Playaz Ball link and so see what Phil and his cronies have gotten into. The pictures are well worth it.

8 Comments:

Blogger DCSportsChick said...

I was wondering what was up with FF and the draft. Good to know, thanks...

Mon Aug 22, 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

angling to find out myself... first thing we should do is get an even number of teams in there.

Mon Aug 22, 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I sent Cookie the info (league id and password) and Travis also but he's decided not to play.

Mon Aug 22, 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I just realized...I really know nothing about football...

:-(

Mon Aug 22, 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Ahh but now is the time for your education. We are a teaching lot, not opposed to spreading the wealth. I once tried to teach a complete and total non-soccer player how to play soccer. Granted, she was only taking an interest because it was an interest of my own, but I still tried!

Tue Aug 23, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger The Captain said...

We've got a soccer game tonight Sara, sorry.

Tue Aug 23, 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

and we still need an even number of teams.

Tue Aug 23, 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

got it, Sara.

Tue Aug 23, 05:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home