Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Support your hometown girls!

So The Captain just pointed out that McLean, VA was representing the "south" at the Little League Softball World Series (nevermind that I have a problem being considered a "southern" resident just because I reside in VA. That's neither here nor there). We're at the semifinal point and tonight the girls are facing off against a team from Louisiana that's somehow representing the "southwest". The Captain, Deep Cover, and myself all attended McLean High School and tend to call McLean home. McLean Little League, you have our support.



*******************

Excellent post I-66! For those wondering, the McLean girls won tonight. Not only that, tonight was the semi-finals of the World Series. The local girls will be playing for the Little League World Championship (yes world, there were foreign teams in this) either today or tomorrow, against Orange, Connecticut. Why am I so happy about this. Well, I'm sure the three of us are all rooting for these girls, but unlike Deep Cover or I-66, I was actually a baseball player growing up, for 18 years of my life. Not only that, I played at McLean little league growing up, and umpired both baseball and softball in the years following. I am extremely happy for these girls, and I will be watching anxiously when they go for it all. Go McLean!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home