Friday, July 29, 2005

Great news!

Well, I had hesitated to post anything about this, but now that the news has turned out positive, it's good to go.

My father is planning on marrying his fiance this September. This was something they had talked about previously, but she had a mammogram last week and there was an "abnormality." She is retired, and her health insurance is up in a few months. The decision was made to speed up the wedding so that she would be under my fathers health insurance, in case she had to go through chemotherapy, etc.

This would not be a new situation to my father, as my mother had breast cancer when I was three, but survived. However, today, we got great news, as my father's fiance went in for a follow up, and the spot was gone. It was determined that a bruise she had was draining, and this caused the spot (she umpires baseball games, and apparently had been hit in the chest area recently.

Needless to say, she's a little pissed at the nurse for causing her to lose sleep the past week, but she's cancer free, and that's what matters. Now, my father, who was milking the engagement for all it was worth (he's a horny old man, cut him some slack) has to come to terms with finally settling down again. Should be a good time.

Tonight, a bunch of us are going to Ruth's Chris Steak House for a "bachelor's dinner." This for the wedding occuring next weekend. However, myself, Deep Cover, and some of our Greek friends should be up at Nanny O'Brien's in the 11:00 p.m. timeframe, if anyone else feels like dropping in and saying hello. It's on Connecticut Ave. in Cleveland Park, if you're interested.

4 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

I'll be there if my game gets washed out.

Fri Jul 29, 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mamma Bear said...

Glad your future step-mom is cancer free.
Congrats to dad - he will be milking the "honeymoon" for all it's worth as well.
-R

Mon Aug 01, 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger The Captain said...

Hello Grkdivva, always good to have someone new posting on our blog. I'll check yours out when I get some free time.

Robin, if it's all the same, I'd prefer not to think of my father milking anything, if it's all the same. Thanks for the mental pictures though.

Mon Aug 01, 07:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Cross of California is a great health insurance provider. Health insurance is a major aspect to many and blue cross can help everyone get covered.

Tue Nov 22, 05:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home