Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Little of Everything

Alright, I've got a lot to cover and not much time, I'm off to Roanoke in the morning for the third of four weddings this summer.

The pictures from my night out at Nanny O'Brien's with the Cypriots (and recent wedding party) can be found on the Irishman post. There's a quick link up on the "post with pictures" section. And for God's sake, read the post, it was from the heart, despite being excessivly long. Irish and PROUD!

We have two new links up, so unfortunately, DC Butterfly Network and The Asian Mistress no longer get to bear the coveted "New Blog" designations. Please welcome Kathryn On... and Two Girls in DC to the wonderful world of DC Sports links. Admittedly, Kathryn's blog name leaves me wondering exactly what she is on...is it illegal...is it dirty...the name leaves open all sorts of possibilities. We demand answers!

On a sad note, the sunglasses you see myself, The Captain, wearing in most pictures have gone missing. This hurts me deeply, for it further reduces any anonymity I may still have. Additionally (and supposedly more important) they're prescription, so driving without them puts all of you in danger. And they're more expensive than cheap CVS pairs.

On a much happier note, the older sister of my current S/O is pregnant. It was both wanted and prayed for by her and her husband, so congratulations are in order to them.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm writing this up as I play an online poker tournament, and I'm doing really well, so here's some pictures from our last soccer game. Now, we really get into the game, so none of us remember to actually take pictures during the action. You're getting before and after shots until we're better about it.

Dammit, just busted out of my poker tournament, 34th place out of 960 players. Oh well, I won money, at least.


General Manager I-66 turns in his player pass and marshals the troops.


Deep Cover does a warm-up drill. He would go on to score the first goal, and play key late defense, in a 2-1 victory.


I-66 teaches the team the importance of OFF! application, like a good manager...


...As well as the proper way to display a captain's armband.


Ah, a well earned 2-1 victory. It was humid as hell Wednesday night, and while our fellow bloggers were out at McFadden's, we were laboring through this game. But hey, beer and good conversation are no match for sweat and cocky poses! Displayed are I-66's smile, The Captain's guns, and Deep Cover's manly torso.

Oh, and for anyone who was wondering, we play pretty physical. If you look at my knees, you'll notice some halftime bandages that were slapped together, as I had managed to cut up both knees. Yes, that is blood pouring down my left leg.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Yes, what in the world is Kathryn "on," everyone is talking about it.

Find out Wednesday!

And thanks for the link.

Mon Jul 25, 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Funny - I had the same injury to my knees at Dewey beach this weekend...although mine was from violent/physical bar-hopping (bastard concrete...asscorn high heels).

Mon Jul 25, 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home