Sunday, June 26, 2005

Snap Judgement

In recent years, I haven't been much of a baseball fan. I went from being an Orioles fan to hating Peter Angelos for trying to keep baseball out of DC. Of course, now we have the Nationals who are leading their division and playing improbably good baseball in their first season here, but in recent years past I haven't watched baseball until October. Even now I'm having problems transitioning over to being a full-time baseball watcher. Now that the NBA season has come to an end, Major League Baseball is the only of the big 3 that remains (NFL being the other, NHL doesn't matter at this point and, despite desiring otherwise, MLS is not big enough to be considered a 4th), and I find myself wishing that football was up and running. Will I ever fully come around? I support my team as well as I can. I root for the demise of its divisional rivals (and the Yankees) regularly. I hope we get to see October baseball here in DC (if you'd told me a year a go that 2 of DC's teams would make the playoffs in the coming year I would've called you crazy... if you had told me then that it would be its basketball and baseball teams I would've actually called the insane asylum). But for the time being it's hard for me to be a committed baseball fan. I guess I'm jaded by years of Peter Angelos stupidity... but football can't be here fast enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home