Tuesday, January 17, 2006

End of a Season

Well, that does it.

Redskins Hater Nation can rest easy now, as our beloved Washington Redskins have bowed out of the playoffs.

It was a winnable game on Saturday in Seattle, but the burgundy and gold couldn't pull it off. All told, 6 straight wins to go from 5-6 to 10-6 and winning a Wild Card game is pretty impressive. Things look good for us for next year. Now Jon Jansen's thumbs can get better, along with Shawn's groin, Clinton's shoulder, and Ade Jimoh.

I-66, what's wrong with Ade Jimoh?

Nothing. He just needs to get better. Or cut. Whichever.

OFFSEASON CHECKLIST - Looking ahead? Sure. What of it?

Trade or cut Patrick Ramsey - this should speak for itself

Keep LaVar Arrington - ditto

Find a new punter - I think I can kick better than Frost

Find a new kicker - sorry, John Hall. Your field goal kicking may be better than your kickoffs, but that really isn't saying much

Find a 2nd reciever - you know, to go along with Santana Moss

Find an edge pass rusher - please?

Really I can't complain. A season ending with a loss in the 2nd round of the playoffs is about as much as one could hope for realistically entering this season. Besides, it's not all bad... The Patriots got it handed to them on Saturday night. That never fails to make me happy.

So get it all out of your system, Redskins Hater Nation. We'll be back next year.

9 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

What kind of $$ is Ramsey making? Wouldn't he still serve as a solid #2? (feces jokes aside and assuming he's not making starter's money)

Tue Jan 17, 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I'm not 100% sure what Ramsey's cap number is. He's still on his rookie contract. He was the 32nd pick overall so I can't imagine the contract was incredibly lucrative. I forsee them sending him elsewhere via trade/release so as not to further inhibit Jason Campbell's growth. I don't like Campbell, but I have to trust the brass.

Tue Jan 17, 08:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't we still have Tupa on contract?

I say we keep Ramsey too, unless we can pick up Tim Couch. (What? He's GOOD!)

We need a younger backup for a third guard behind Randy.

Tue Jan 17, 08:31:00 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I'm still not sure Campbell wasn't just a product of a good system. He was horrible his Fr-Jr years. Once Borges came in, the light bulb suddenly came on.

I guess he wouldn't have stuck though if the coaches didn't think he had the ability.

Tue Jan 17, 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Good point, Rich. Tupa should still be on contract -- I think he was only on IR.

Tim Couch had a tryout with... Tennessee maybe? I didn't hear details.

Ray Brown's retired and our O-Line is thin everywhere but center. Raymer's a serviceable backup but can't play guard, obviously. Molinaro is at tackle but he's not seasoned in the least. I just hope he ends up better than Shar Pourdanesh (sp?)

Tue Jan 17, 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

oh, and re: Campbell... when he was drafted I nearly flew into a fit of rage. I'm a Vols supporter and, as a result, followed the SEC very closely and nothing Campbell did impressed me - especially not enough to warrant such a high pick. I hope they can coach him up, though...

Tue Jan 17, 09:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couch has had tryouts with Miami and Tennessee already. No one said anything in public about it afterwards though. I always thought he did a decent job for the browns considering what he was given to work with.

Tue Jan 17, 10:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He also had a tryout with Cincinatti apparently.

Tue Jan 17, 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger The Captain said...

Wow, I was saying the exact same four things at work...edge pass rusher, punter, kicker, and 2nd receiver. I like the hiring of Al Saunders as well.

Regards to John Hall...does it seem to anyone else like he approaches the ball for field goals very slowly? Much slower than he used, either he's tentative or he doesn't care. Either way, cut him.

Fri Jan 20, 03:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home