Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hail...

Well, I-66 is remaining mum on the subject, but I'll say a small piece. You all know where I'll be on Saturday, watching the game somewhere. I'm what you would call quietly confident...confident that we can pull this off, but not enough to go boasting loudly about it.

I haven't forgotten that we already beat the Seahawks this season. The way I see it, Seattle has a better running back than we do, so I'm hoping it doesn't rain on game day. Rain has a habit of making great running backs even better. Portis is banged up, I'm a little worried. Hasselbeck is probably, at this point, a better QB to have running the team than an injured Mark Brunell. However, Seattle's defense is far worse than ours. Crowd noise could be a factor.

That last paragraph basically sums up how my mind is working. Game thoughts are flying in and out. Let's be honest here, besides the obligatory 16-0, Super Bowl preseason rhetoric I always spew, the Skins have done far better than I honestly expected this year. I'm happy with what they've accomplished. Do I want more? Yes, but losing wouldn't be as bad as say, Indy losing after all their fans expectations, not to mention their lack of recent Super Bowl victories. I think the Skins have built themselves well for the next few years.

With that in mind, if I was a Buffalo Bills fan from late '89 to early '93, I would have slit my wrists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home