Friday, January 20, 2006

Championship Sunday: Punching their tickets

Lots to catch up on... Today the picks are coming your way, but before we get to that:

NEWS: Al Saunders is hired as Redskins offensive coordinator
VIEWS: A few things. First of all... saWEET. FREAKING sweet. Wow. Also, what the crap is Herm Edwards thinking? "Hm... I've got the guy who coordinated the 6th leading offense in points per game and 1st overall in yards per game in the NFL already here. I'll let him go. Brilliant!" Yeah, Daniel Snyder threw a lot of money at him and also Gregg Williams - something that's going to piss off a lot of owners in the league. But let's look at this logically, if you have someone you really want to get, you'll do what you can to get him, no?

NEWS: Antonio Davis is suspended 5 games for leaping into the stands in defense of his wife
VIEWS: This works for me. I know what Antonio was thinking and he did what he had to do - there's nothing wrong with that. But in consideration of the Pacers/Pistons melee, the NBA can't not punish him. 5 games isn't a lot. I think it sends a no tolerance message without punishing him TOO much.

NEWS: The NFL does NOTHING to Joey Porter for his conspiracy talk
VIEWS: GUTLESS. ABSOLUTELY GUTLESS. Are you kidding me? David Stern would've had Joey Porter shot, his wife sodomized, and his kids eaten by Mike Tyson. Paul Tagliabue, where the hell are you on this? The league will fine a player money for mean-nothing equipment "violations" but doesn't fine for this? Absolutely ridiculous.

NEWS: The MLS SuperDraft is today
VIEWS: But the real drama for me is going to be the unveiling of the new kits for many of the league's teams. I'm glad I've waited to buy a United shirt, now that they're changing the design.

Conference Championships:

Steelers at Broncos (-3)
One would say that karma is on the side of the Steelers. I say that Joey Porter used all of it up when he escaped a fine... Pick: Broncos

Panthers at Seahawks (-3.5)
Both of these lines have shrunk since open. Evidently lots of people think the roadies will cover. I've had them since the start of the year, and I have them still... Pick: Panthers

Last Week: 2-2
Regular Season: 121-123-12
Postseason: 4-4
Season: 125-127-12

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Thank you for picking the Broncos. I assume now that you'll play the disrespect card, and pick the Hawks for XL, no? Please?

Mon Jan 23, 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

The disrespect card has been played so much it's become cliche. Why the assumption that it's disrespect?

I disrespect Brian Carroll and David Stokes.

I admit, though, that the line for the game makes it a difficult call. The #1 NFC seed an underdog against the #6 AFC?

Mon Jan 23, 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home