Friday, September 02, 2005

Fantasy Blogball Running Diary

Well, it's time for the first annual Washington area fantasy league. There's only six teams, so there shouldn't be any excuses. The draft order appears to be such:

1. Asian Mistress (City Sparkle)
2. Sara (The Butterfly Network)
3. D.C. SportsChick (D.C. Sports Chick)
4. Baby Bananas (Marci a.k.a. Baby Banana)
5. The Captain (D.C. Sports)
6. I-66 (D.C. Sports)

8:25: It appears that I-66 and I are the only ones showing up for this draft. Which means there's no way any of the other four should win. And for misogynist purposes, we refuse to be beaten by a bunch of girls!

8:28: Nevermind, Marci of Baby Banana has shown up, the women are represented.

8:30: Round one goes by in less than 30 seconds...fastest draft ever.
Sparkle Superstars - Peyton Manning
Sara's Team - LaDanian Tomlinson
D.C. Sports Chick - Shaun Alexander
Baby Bananas - Priest Holmes
The Captain - Randy Moss
I-66 - Daunte Culpepper (There you go Travis)

8:31: Round two - I'm definitely going to have to type some of this up later, this is going way too fast.
I-66 - Willis McGahee
The Captain - Corey Dillon
Baby Bananas - Edgerrin James
D.C. Sports Chick - Domanick Davis
Sara's Team - Jamal Lewis
Sparkle Superstars - Deuce McAllister

8:33: Okay, at this point, I have up, so rather than throw in comments, I'm just posting the teams, you all decide who has the best one.

Team: Sparkle Superstars
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Deuce McAllister
RB: Tiki Barber
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Chris Chambers
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Jason Elam
DEF: Atlanta
BENCH: Brett Favre
BENCH: Chris Brown
BENCH: Jason Witten
BENCH: Mushin Muhammed
BENCH: Isaac Bruce
BENCH: Matt Stover

Team: Sara's Team
QB: Donovan McNabb
RB: LaDanian Tomlinson
RB: Jamal Lewis
WR: Javon Walker
WR: Hines Ward
WR: Michael Clayton
TE: Tony Gonzalez
K: Adam Vinatieri
DEF: New England
BENCH: Tatum Bell
BENCH: Drew Brees
BENCH: Donald Driver
BENCH: Eric Moulds
BENCH: Eric Johnson
BENCH: Shayne Graham

Team: D.C. Sports Chick
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Shaun Alexander
RB: Domanick Davis
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Drew Bennett
WR: Deion Branch
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: David Akers
DEF: Baltimore
BENCH: Duce Staley
BENCH: Kerry Collins
BENCH: L.J. Smith
BENCH: Jerry Porter
BENCH: Ryan Longwell
BENCH: Pittsburgh

Team: Baby Bananas
QB: Trent Green
RB: Priest Holmes
RB: Edgerrin James
WR: Marvin Harrison
WR: Joe Horn
WR: Steve Smith
TE: Randy McMichael
K: Jeff Wilkins
DEF: Tampa Bay
BENCH: Julius Jones
BENCH: Rudi Johnson
BENCH: Laveranues Coles
BENCH: Brian Westbrook
BENCH: Jake Delhomme
BENCH: Jimmy Smith

Team: The Captain
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Corey Dillon
RB: Clinton Portis
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Chad Johnson
WR: Reggie Wayne
TE: Todd Heap
K: Lawrence Tynes
DEF: Washington
BENCH: Kevin Jones
BENCH: Steven Jackson
BENCH: Lamont Jordan
BENCH: Ashley Lelie
BENCH: Larry Fitzgerald
BENCH: Michael Vick

Team: I-66
QB: Daunte Culpepper
RB: Willis McGahee
RB: Ahman Green
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Darrell Jackson
WR: Nate Burleson
TE: Alge Crumpler
K: Mike Vanderjagt
DEF: Carolina
BENCH: Mark Bulger
BENCH: Curtis Martin
BENCH: Roy Williams
BENCH: Cadillac Williams
BENCH: Dallas Clark
BENCH: Philadelphia

Boo to Asian Mistress, Sara and D.C. Sports Chick for missing the draft, they better have a damn good reason. The fantasy football gods will not be pleased.

8:59: Round fifteen - draft over. A football draft in 29 minutes, incredible. Time for I-66 and I to throw it down for all fantasy football playing guys. Anyone not involved in the league, who's got the best team?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Sep 02, 02:14:00 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

uh oh.. better turn on the word verification.

Pronto

Fri Sep 02, 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

That WAS the freakin' fastest draft known to man. Heysus. I was pissed about getting slotted fourth cuz I knew I would get stuck with Holmes (not feeling him this season), and I wasn't ballsy enough to take McGahee or Dillon early. And my dumb ass didn't read any sports pages yesterday and missed that Green just underwent surgery -- I maybe should have drafted a QB earlier...

Fri Sep 02, 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Trent should be ok, they say. I have him on another team and will start him unless I hear otherwise.

Fri Sep 02, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Sparkle Superstars only had one bad pick (Chambers, who should be benched immediately). They'll probably run away with it, but Marci could challenge if Trent doesn't suck too bad, and I-66 could also challenge, but the combination of Ahman Green plus very little RB depth is dangerous indeed. Still, I-66 has my main man is QB, so he'll get my sentimental support.

Fri Sep 02, 03:07:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

He may be aging, but I do have the NFL's leading rusher in '04 on my bench.

Depth, baby.

Fri Sep 02, 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Aw, crap, I forgot. Maybe that's because the date and time changed about 15 million times first and I couldn't keep track of them all. I did do pre-draft rankings though.

Tom Brady, eh? Now that he's apparently becoming a badass (ha!), hopefully that won't affect his play too much.

Fri Sep 02, 03:46:00 PM  
Blogger The Captain said...

Where's the love Travis? You want running back depth, or depth in general, you come to this man right here. I'll likely be taking this title easily.

Fri Sep 02, 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I missed the draft because I was out of town and out of internet acces...tragic indeed.

But - I think I got a pretty good team...then again, what do I know? :)

Wed Sep 07, 03:11:00 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

*access that is

Wed Sep 07, 03:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home