Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend Review

NEWS: Stan Van Gundy resigns as Head Coach of the Miami Heat
VIEWS: Shocking. I will be even more shocked if Pat Riley doesn’t return to the bench – which we all thought was going to happen anyway. Stan Van Gundy can now go back to his old profession, and change his name back to Ron Jeremy.

NEWS: Redskins overcome turnover exchange and hold on for 4 point victory
VIEWS: I will now cease to hold my nose, now that the stink from that game has subsided. On the other hand, a W is a W. 7-6 ain’t that bad.

NEWS: University of Maryland Men’s Soccer wins the College Cup, defeating New Mexico 1-0
VIEWS: They play soccer in New Mexico? Well in, Terps.

NEWS: Reggie Bush wins Heisman Trophy in a landslide.
VIEWS: …similar to the margin by which USC will defeat Texas.

NEWS: Soriano doesn’t want to play in the outfield.
VIEWS: …because evidently I missed the memo where he became the Manager of the team and could tell himself where to play.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Also, does anyone else feel Terrell Ownens' life is going to play out strangely similar to Dennis Rodman's?

And what are the odds the Hawks will trade for Ron Artest?

Tue Dec 13, 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

LMAO at the Soriano comment! Ain't that the truth.

I agree with Phil re: T.O. Dude's a total wackjob. Can't wait to see him in a wedding dress.

Tue Dec 13, 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Dennis Rodman... Ricky Williams... Terrell Owens! A murderer's row of wedding dress wearing nutjobs.

I don't think Atlanta makes a move for Artest. They have some solid young talent that they need to keep together and develop... they don't need to bring in a headcase like Artest.

...and now that Ol' Riles has indeed come back to the bench, is it too early to start the hair gel jokes yet? Is Steve Lavin somewhere seething about this?

Tue Dec 13, 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Oh I agree, I-66. It would be absolutely the wrong move. I'm just saying I won't be suprised if they make it.

Harrington is in a contract year. We have 8,000 forwards. Why not trade him for...ANOTHER FORWARD? I could just see it happening, and it turning out just like the Isaiah Rider Experiment.

Tue Dec 13, 06:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home