Monday, June 20, 2005

Stuck In Traffic

I've seen more Amish in one weekend than I ever have in my life.

What turned out to be a damned good weekend started out like ass, as a trip that should have taken less than 2½ hours turned out to be about 4 hours long. My date and I arrived in Strasburg after the rehearsal and with enough time to check in, change clothes and haul ass to the restaurant and the rehearsal dinner just after the bread was served. Things slowed down after that. The lot of us spent the late hours on the 2nd floor deck drinking ourselves into tiredness. J (formerly referred to as Deep Cover) was more than 3 sheets into the wind most of the weekend - but really, what did you expect?

The aforementioned wedding was perfect - save the groom, best man, and 5 groomsmen (of which I was one) standing in the sun in black tuxes and being cooked to a nice medium rare. The strangest thing happened after the wedding, when the groom's car was apparently vandalized by some people with balloons and beer cans and a bunch of glass chalk. I don't know who could've done such a hideous thing but I assure you I had nothing to do with it -- or the writing of my initials on the windshield. The reception was a good time, though unnamed individuals did not care much to "dance with the one(s) that brung them." This particular unnamed individual did manage to find another dance partner who was more willing to have fun on the floor as opposed to in her chair. After a long night of post-wedding partying most of us changed and then we moved to the Hospitality Room (not to be confused with the Champagne Room -- though that would've been better) for some post-wedding-partying partying.

In the morning it was checkout time and then onto the day-after picnic. Now, I'm not sure whether it qualifies as a picnic since it was indoors, but I won't split hairs since the food was free. After eating and drinking (iced tea or lemonade.. or iced tea with lemonade and SoCo for some who may or may not include me) and many long goodbyes and congratulations it was off to Northern Virginia and what was a much shorter trip than the ride up. SO... long story short:

Did:
- participate in a wedding, eat a lot of food - mostly good, drink a lot of drinks - mostly beer, learn what a rocket pop is in liquid form, miss my mattress at home, witness the funniest requested dance in wedding history, avoid the garter, dance with multiple bridesmaids

Did not:
- play golf, object, get a hangover, get a good nights sleep, spend inordinate amounts of money, have anything to do with the vandalism of the groom's car or the requested dance mentioned above, hook up with multiple bridesmaids

Good times... Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home