Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Inaugural Post

Is Washington D.C. a great city or what? Is there another place where you can throw the word "inaugural" around, have it actually relate to your city, and not sound like a tremendous dork?

Welcome to the "DC Sports" blog. Contrary to the title of said blog, we don't deal strictly with sports here. Leisure activities will be discussed as well, we certaintly wouldn't want to be thought of as one-track.

So who are the men of "DC Sports" and are they qualified to host this blog? I think you'll find us competent. The three of us have lived in the D.C. area our entire lives (in my case) or at least moved here early enough in life that we've known nothing else (the other two.) So it's time to introduce the line-up.

Leading off is I-66. I-66 is a former competitive track runner, and currently plays co-ed soccer (We're all on the same team, but he's the GM.) He has been a sports announcer, and used to have courtside seats for the Washington Wizards. Gave those up a few years to early, it would seem. His area of expertise covers the Redskins, Wizards, DC United and various other topics. Additionally, he is our resident human stat library. You want to know who lead the Redskins in rushing in 1986, ask him. He'll likely tell you the name and the total within 25 yards or so. I-66 is currently employed by Fannie Mae, but not in an accounting capacity.

Second is Deep Cover. Like I-66, Deep Cover ran track and also played competitive soccer in his youth. Currently, he is on the same co-ed soccer team, and is training to run in the Marine Corps. Marathon this October. Deep Cover has much to offer on the Redskins, Wizards, DC United, and the tennis circuit. Additionally, Deep Cover has the best grasp of the local music scene, as well as the pool halls in the area. Deep Cover currently works for the E.P.A.

Lastly, there is myself, currently going as The Captain. My area of expertise is baseball, as I have played it competitively about 75% of my life, though not for the past few years. As long as I post on this blog, the Nationals will get their due recognition. My contributions will also include various sports which don't get as much attention, such as boxing, swimming, and wrestling. I'm probably the only one of us who has actually paid money for a Mystics ticket. It's been said that I'm into my Irish heritage, so I'll occasionally be found at local festivals, or an Irish bar. Currently, I work for the Customs Service.

So that's us. Read us, comment to us, link to us, do what you will. Just remember to hate the Dallas Cowboys while you do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home